Plagiarism can really be avoided, believe it or not. You have to be careful not to copy any material from the resources that you are using for writing your project, essay or assignment. Here are some tips that will prove to be useful:
- Make your notes carefully; don’t mix your own words with those from the reference book or site
- Understand each point that you are writing, so that you can write in your own style. If you are confused, ask your tutor for help.
- Use quotes where necessary; put quotation marks and give proper citation for the source
- If you are writing several lines that are similar to the source in continuation, give citation after every line and not just at the end of the paragraph/page
- Refer to the citation guidebook for using online sources like websites and email conversations
If you follow these rules, you will certainly steer clear of plagiarized content.